To View Hotmail Junk Mail Folder
- Sign into your Hotmail account.
- Within Inbox [Refer To Image]
- Click on “Junk” to access the “Junk mail folder”
- Currently there are 11 junk mails in my junk folder
- Hotmail will leave this section untouched for 10 days
- After 10 days all the mails from Junk folder will be deleted automatically.
Not All Mails Are Junk?
In some particular cases, Hotmail sometimes filters non-spam emails as spam by mistake and automatically lists them under your junk mail folder. You can easily prevent that from happening in the future and leave those emails in your inbox. Here is what you should do-
- Within junk mail folder
- Select a particular email that’s not junk/spam
- Click “Not Junk” as shown above in the picture.
Note- You will now receive all the mails from that particular email address directly in your inbox folder
Manually Move Mails To Junk Folder
In some cases you will see some junk or spam messages within your “Inbox Folder“. In that case you could manually mark emails as Junk or spam. Here is what you should do-
- Select the mail you want to move to junk from within your Inbox.
- I’ve selected two particular messages or email accounts
- Then, I simply clicked on “Junk”
Once you’ve marked an email as junk mail, Hotmail will remember it, and always automatically move this sender’s emails to the Junk folder, without any further manual actions.
Missing Junk Folder On iPhone
Hotmail Mobile users, especially who use Hotmail on iphone have been getting problems accessing their mail folders. This is because Hotmail was recently replaced by Microsoft with Outlook.com, which automatically changed it’s server configuration. To view the Hotmail folders or Junk folders particularly you should delete the old Hotmail app and re-install the new Outlook.com.